On this page, we're going to list programming and tech resources that you can get for free on the internet. There are various useful categories like productivity, learning, web hosting, and so on. We highlighted some of them in this post, however, this list is always going to be updated when we find something useful. If you know any website that is not listed here, comment below and we’ll add it.
Disclaimer: We're not affiliated with any website listed below, we just think they are useful. Also, do not feel overwhelmed by this, you don’t need to read everything, just pick anything you need or find interesting.
Use CTRL + F to search this page.
- E-book Foundation - GitHub repository that contains many free computer science e-books in several languages.
- Free computer books - Links to Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books all over the World
- Goalkicker - Books are compiled from Stack Overflow Documentation, the content is written by the beautiful people at Stack Overflow.
- 100+ Free machine learning books - Open-sourced book collection suitable for beginners, intermediate, and experts.
- 100+ Free data science books - Open-sourced book collection suitable for beginners, intermediate, and experts.
- edX - Massive open online course (MOOC) provider created by Harvard and MIT.
- Coursera - Coursera works with universities and other organizations to offer online courses, certifications, and degrees in a variety of subjects.
- Khan academy - The organization produces short lessons in the form of videos. Its website also includes supplementary practice exercises and materials for educators.
- Great learning - Great Learning offers many free courses to fast-track your career in a matter of hours.
- Jet brains academy - Provides free courses for Kotlin and Frontend development. Other courses can be accessed with a free trial.
- Udemy - Udemy provides some free programming courses - from complete beginners to more experienced developers.
- Pluralsight - A variety of video training courses for software developers, IT administrators, and creative professionals through its website. If you create a Microsoft account, you can get one month for free.
Online learning platforms
- The Odin project - An open-source online curriculum for learning web development. Learning programming fundamentals, the language of choice, git, and interview preparation.
- Free code camp - Interactive learning web platform, an online community forum, chat rooms, online publications, and local organizations that intend to make learning programming accessible to anyone.
- SoloLearn - Courses designed by experts with real-world practice. Join a global community. Over 25 programming courses.
- Code academy - An online interactive platform that offers free coding classes in 12 different programming languages. Free content is good for absolute beginners.
- Leet code - The most popular site for competitive programming. The free version has more than enough content. Not recommended for absolute beginners.
- Play with Docker - playground which allows users to run Docker commands in a matter of seconds. It gives the experience of having a free Alpine Linux Virtual Machine in the browser.
- Build your own X - Well-written, step-by-step guides for re-creating your favorite technologies from scratch. GitHub repo with hundreds of different projects.
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python - Probably the most famous website (and book) that teaches you Python from scratch with interesting, real-life projects. If you want to learn Python, we recommend this!
- Learn programming from zero – the ultimate step-by-step guide - Learn programming fundamentals in an easy way, with no previous knowledge required. Shameless promotion of our e-book
- Kubernetes handbook - Giant article posted on Free code camp that describes essentials of Kubernetes.
- devga.me - Probably the best site for game development. Free tutorials, guides, assets, resources, and news from the game development world.
Organization and productivity
- Pomodoro tracker - Website for organizing your task in the Pomodoro intervals. The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method that can be used for any task. It uses a timer to break work into intervals, typically 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks.
- Todoist is an application that allows you to create tasks as a TODO list for every day, set priority on every task, and even sort tasks into projects.
- Notion is an application that provides components such as notes, databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars, and reminders. You can connect these components to create your own systems for knowledge management, note-taking, data management, and project management, among others.
- Evernote is an app designed for note-taking, organizing, task management, and archiving. The app allows you to create notes, which can be text, drawings, photographs, audio, or saved web content.
- Coffitivity - recreates the ambient sounds of a cafe to boost your creativity and help you work better. Some people work better with white noise and this site makes it as realistic as possible.
- StayFocusd - productivity extension for Google Chrome that helps you stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.
- f.lux - it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and sunlight-like during the day.
- InfinityFree - Completely free website hosting with PHP, MySQL, and no ads on your site! Perfect for your blog, landing site, webshop, or anything WordPress related.
- Cloudflare - free DNS, CDN and DDoS protection. Deploy serverless code, secure access to the internet and many other free services.
- Google cloud hosting - $300 in free credits for new customers. Free tier products like compute engine, cloud storage, big query, etc. with monthly limits.
- Amazon free computing services - Explore more than 100 products and start building on AWS using the Free Tier.
- Microsoft static websites - Accelerate the development of modern web apps with a static front-end and dynamic back-end powered by serverless APIs.
- GitHub pages - Free deployment of a static website in your GitHub repository. Perfect for a personal website or even a blog.
- Freehosting.com - free web hosting with all features and tools you need to create a website. cPanel, site builder, and apps installer are features included in the free tier.
Other free stuff
- Smalldev.tools - Bunch of decoders/encoders, formatters, compressors, test data generators on the same website.
- getAwesomness - A categorized community-driven collection of awesome libraries, tools, and frameworks for most programming languages.
- carbon.now.sh - Create and share beautiful images of your source code.
- codepng - Turn your code into awesome pictures.
- veriphone.io - Phone number validation & carrier lookup. 1000 requests per month free.
- codepen.io - The best place to build, test, and discover front-end code.
- fakejson.com - Mock backend API for lightspeed development
- allthefreestock.com - Get all the Free Stock Images, Videos, Music, and Icons in one location.
To be continued
This page will always be updated.